Dual Enrollment

Early middle college banner

Jump-Start Your Future

Highpoint Virtual Academy (HVAM) offers the option for students to participate in Dual Enrollment for Michigan high school students grades 9-12; this program allows students to enroll in a college/university in Michigan and take college courses alongside them taking their high school courses. The college courses will count towards high school credit as well as begin their college transcript.

Students can take as little as one college course during their high school journey, or they can take a maximum of 10 college courses throughout grades 9-12. Courses do not follow a set program like what the Early Middle College program would be, but there are some limitations to what courses students can enroll in (at the high school and college level).

What are the benefits? 

No out of pocket costs at our Partner Schools. You don’t pay tuition, fees, or book costs. This can significantly reduce education loan debt.
However, If you choose a school outside of our partner schools, there may be a cost associated; the price that is covered per class each year changes, and that specific information is given to students and families each year by the dual enrollment counselor.

Better prepared for college. Participating in the dual enrollment program also prepares you for the more challenging coursework required of higher education. 

Dual Enrollment Partners 

Who is eligible? 

In order to apply for the dual enrollment program, high school students must meet all the following criteria: 

  • Be an HVAM student in good standing  
  • Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 
  • Have a minimum PSAT score of 400 in Reading/Writing and Math 
  • Have less than 10 absences per academic year 
  • Be on track for graduation, including completion of state testing requirements 
  • Have approval from HVAM Dual Enrollment Committee 

How do I apply? 

Complete all application materials and an essay; fall semester deadline: April 1, Spring semester deadline: Nov. 1. Once accepted into the program, you must then apply to the appropriate college and work with the dual enrollment counselor on the next steps.